For Immediate Release
Monday, June 5th, 2017
NBA & NCAA Champion Larry Brown Leads 2017 USA East Coast to Spain
Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown is joining USA East Coast as Head Coach of their 2017 tour. Brown, the only coach in basketball history to win an NBA and NCAA Championship, will guide a team of collegiate all stars as they head to Madrid, Spain for competition against the National Teams of Japan, Venezuela, Mexico, and Senegal. East Coast’s training camp will be held on the campus of Columbia University in New York City on August 5th and 6th prior to the team’s arrival into Madrid on the 7th.
USA East Coast, founded in 2006 by Guy Rancourt, has traveled to 12 countries and competed against 22 national teams. The program aims to expose student-athletes to high-level international basketball, as well as the culture and lifestyle they might experience as pros abroad when their NCAA eligibility expires. Of its former players, 52 have gone on to play professionally. Those who have advanced to the NBA include Quinn Cook, Russ Smith, Dwight Powell, Mike Gbiniije, Rakeem Christmas, Jarrod Uthoff and Marshall Plumlee.
All media inquires can be directed to Josh Einhorn: email@example.com
ABOUT LARRY BROWN
– Basketball Hall of Fame induction 2002
– Only coach in history to win an NBA and NCAA Championship
– Gold Medal in 1964 (Tokyo) and 2000 (Sydney) Olympic Games
– Bronze Medal in 2004 (Athens) Olympic Games
– NBA Championship (Detroit Pistons) in 2004
– NBA Coach of the Year (Philadelphia 76ers) in 2001
– NCAA Championship (Kansas) 1988
– ABA Championship (Oakland Oaks) 1969 *as a player